At this point, puppies move around so much that any photographs I take are blurred. So I am doing some video blogging instead today:
A summary what we’re seeing & working on as we approach Week 4:
- Puppies are VERY interactive now
- They are starting to show a tug instinct
- They are starting use the litter tray (!!)
- More loud noises and different surfaces daily
- Lots of passive enrichment going on
- Puppies are starting to seek enrichment when presented with their daily new objects
- Puppies have been introduced to their first wobble board
- Puppies are gaining dexterity but still very awkward, falling and rolling and bumping about
- They are going through little growth spurts, which present as sleeping and being quiet for a few days, then get back to being active!
- A little demonstration of the daily handling I do to get them used to how they might be handled as adults.
- They only have enough energy to play for about 10 minutes at this age, then they crash for several hours. Wake up, eat, repeat.